Welcome to FIRST NIGHT® SARANAC LAKE
First Night Saranac Lake is an all-volunteer organization with a mission to create a family-centered, public celebration that marks the passage of time
through art, and ritual each December 31st.
It provides a range of alternative possibilities to traditional New Year's Eve revelry. And, it plays a significant role in the social well-being of our community.
Marking the New Year in a special way is a human need and is an important occasion for a "peak" experience in our social life. First Night Saranac Lake responds to this need through a shared cultural celebration.
First Night began in Boston over 40 years ago as a family-oriented, alcohol-free celebration of the arts to welcome in the New Year. First Night Saranac Lake headquarters is located at the Harrietstown Town Hall, 39 Main St., Saranac Lake, NY on December 31, 10 a.m. - Midnight.
FIRST NIGHT HEADQUARTERS
December 31, 10 a.m. - Midnight. Harrietstown Town Hall, 39 Main St.
YOUR FIRST NIGHT® BUTTON IS YOUR ADMISSION TO ALL THE VENUES.
- Buttons can be purchased in advance for $12 at the following locations: Adirondack Daily Enterprise, Ampersound Music, Blue Line Sports, Coakley High Peaks Ace Hardware, Saranac Lake Chamber of Commerce, Lake Placid Price Chopper, and the Lake Placid Visitors Bureau.
- Buttons can be purchased on line prior to December 31 at https://tickets.roostadk.com/firstnight/
- On December 31st, the day of the event, buttons will be sold for $15 at First Night headquarters in the Harrietstown Town Hall and Ampersound, 52 Main Street.
- Teen Buttons (ages 13-19) will be sold ONLY at Headquarters, the day of the event, December 31, for $7.
- Children twelve and under are admitted free and will be given a special children's button at the venues.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO VOLUNTEER FOR FIRST NIGHT® SARANAC LAKE?
• The success of First Night® Saranac Lake 2017 is dependent on the many volunteers who work throughout the year and especially those who volunteer during the evening of December 31 at one of the many venues.
• Sign up to be First Night® 2017 Volunteer!
For more information on volunteer opportunities, duties, and responsibilities, click here or email Cheri Fisher, First Night Saranac Lake Volunteer Coordinator & Board Member at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FUNDING FIRST NIGHT: Admission button sales provide about half the funds needed to produce First Night. Support from sponsors, individuals, local businesses, and grants make up the rest. Your support makes it happen!