8th ANNUAL FIRST NIGHT® SARANAC LAKE
First Night® Saranac Lake is proud to host this family-oriented, alcohol-free celebration of the arts to welcome in the 2014 New Year.
• Buttons can be purchased in advance for $12. The day of the event, December 31st, buttons will be sold for $15 at the HarrietstownTown Hall and Ampersound only.
• Your First Night button is your admission to all the venues. Please wear your button on your outer clothing for quick access to venues.
• Children twelve and under are admitted free and will be given a special children's button at the venues.
• Be flexible - there's plenty of entertainment to go around, but you may not be able to attend a specific performance if the venue is already full.
• First Night headquarters is in the Harrietstown Town Hall, 39 Main St.
• Buttons are on sale at the following locations: ADK Daily Enterprise, Ampersound Music, Blueline Sports, Coakley High Peaks Ace Hardware, Saranac Lake Chamber Office, Lake Placid Price Chopper, and the Lake Placid Visitors Bureau.
• Seating is on a first-come, first-served basis and all sites will be emptied before the next audience is admitted.
• As many performances take place in houses of worship, please afford proper respect.
LET THE CELEBRATION BEGIN!
The evening's opening ceremony begins on the steps of the Harrietstown Town Hall at 5:45. Enjoy the opening festivities and get set for a great evening when the mayor declares the celebration is ready to begin!
WELCOME IN THE NEW YEAR
• Join in the countdown to midnight on River St. with Saranac Lake's unique ball drop courtesy of the Saranac Lake Fire Department.
• Fireworks at midnight on Lake Flower.
FUNDING FIRST NIGHT
Admission button sales provide about half the funds needed to produce First Night. Support from sponsors, individuals, local businesses, and grants make up the rest. Your support makes it happen!
FIRST NIGHT® 2014 VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!